TSA Security Directive 1542-21-01 exempts the following categories of persons from wearing masks:
- Children under the age of 2.
- People with disabilities who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.).
- People for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty as determined by the relevant workplace safety guidelines or federal regulations.
The requirement to wear a mask does not apply under the following circumstances:
- When necessary to temporarily remove the mask for identity verification purposes.
- While eating, drinking or taking oral medication for brief periods. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking; the mask be worn between bites and sips.
- While communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing, when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
LINKS TO FEDERAL MANDATES
Why Fly PGD?
Flights offered at PGD are direct, so no stopping at another airport for a connection.
Reduce your stress by using a small airport that’s easy and quick to get in and out of.
Take advantage of Allegiant’s low air fares to connect with family and friends.
Reduce your exposure during the boarding process with a low-risk, open-air environment where it’s easier to social distance.
Rest assured, PGD has implemented CDC guidelines to help keep you safe.
PGD and its partners, like Allegiant, have increased sanitation and cleaning protocols at the terminal and on aircraft.
Arrive & Drive
Benefit from easy access to parking lots, rental cars and two I-75 entrances once you land at PGD.
Stay in Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach and enjoy nature, outdoor restaurants, excursions and beaches.
Charlotte County Airport Authority and PGD staff are continually monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) and are taking the appropriate actions to ensure the safety of the passengers, employees, tenants and visitors who utilize PGD. While we are taking reasonable precautions and encouraging all to follow CDC guidelines, anyone voluntarily entering a public space assumes the inherent risk of possible transmission.