Passengers Advised to Arrive Early
The first phase of the Bailey Terminal expansion will begin Feb. 6, 2024. The small building just south of the Bailey Terminal, formerly the Snack Shack, will be demolished. Passengers should be aware of temporary lane shifts and changes in traffic patterns. Watch for directional signage, and plan to arrive early as there may be traffic-related delays.
Construction will begin on the In-Line Baggage Handling System in February 2024. This project is designed for behind-the-scenes baggage screening upgrades to meet TSA guidelines and standards. When completed in early 2025, this portion of the building will not be accessible to passengers.
This building at the south end of the Bailey Terminal will be demolished.
Future Projects will Enhance Passenger Experience
- Future projects will include the relocation and replacement of the Rental Car Center at the north end of the Terminal. Construction is expected to begin Fall 2024 with a potential opening by the end of 2025.
- PGD is working with AECOM and DeAngelis Diamond Construction, LLC on designing future phases of the Bailey Terminal expansion. The design process is expected to be completed by the end of 2024, however, the construction schedule is yet to be determined.
- Additional phases will expand and renovate the Bailey Terminal to address the current need to provide more space and improve efficiency for handling passengers.
- It is anticipated to provide approximately 51,500 additional square feet of space for waiting areas, additional gates, public circulation, public restrooms, and concessions.
- The project also includes the renovation of approximately 30,500 square feet of the existing Terminal. These renovations will include modifying the existing waiting areas into expanded security screening checkpoint space, queuing, public circulation, arrivals, concessions, and other support space.
In 2023, NBC-2 News featured the In-Line Baggage Screening project.