Punta Gorda Airport’s management and operations teams are working to secure the airport property and make preparations for potential impacts from Tropical Storm Elsa.
Punta Gorda Airport and its runways will remain open as long as conditions are safe. However, if winds are sustained at ~50 MPH, aircraft operations and tower operations will cease, and we continue to follow recommendations from Charlotte County Emergency Management.
- PGD is not responsible for notifying passengers of Allegiant’s flight changes.
- If you have an upcoming flight, check your email for updates from Allegiant.
- Visit Allegiant Travel Alerts page or email email@example.com.
- PGD’s Bailey Terminal and AIRPORT FACILITIES ARE NOT PUBLIC HURRICANE SHELTERS.
- Please visit the Charlotte County Emergency Management website for the latest news and alerts.
- Our OPS & FBO Teams have been, or will be, securing the gust locks at the T-hangars over the next 24 hours.
- We will have emergency staff at the airport monitoring the storm status throughout the event.
- Please check NOTAMs for any airport closures (excluding Emergency Aircraft).
- Access to the hangars during and after the storm may not be available due to power outages.
- The gates to the airside hangars will be manually secured with chain locks if winds are approaching 40-50 MPH.
- DO NOT SHELTER in your hangar or any airport facilities.
- If you are having difficulty removing your gust locks after the storm has passed please contact the FBO for assistance.
- The Self-Service Fuel Station will remain operational until it becomes unsafe.