Under the direction and guidance of the Grounds Supervisor, is responsible for the maintenance of the grounds, to include chemical applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates grounds equipment and uses hand tools safely in the performance of all duties.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance, to include mowing, edging, blowing, trimming, pruning, weeding and spraying.
- Maintains the mechanical equipment and hand tools used.
- Installs and maintains flowers and shrubs for a colorful and manicured appearance.
- Diagnoses insect, too dry or fungus issues on the lawns or ornamentals.
- Tests, repairs and sets timers on the irrigation systems; fixes and replaces broken sprinkler heads.
- Applies chemicals to combat common landscape problems.
- Wears protective equipment, including gloves and boots, as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. Specialized trade training is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance and procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment
- Able to lift 70 pounds, push, pull, climb and walk for most of the day
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Part-time position. Starting pay is $11.00/hour. PTO and retirement benefits offered.