Under the direction and guidance of the Facilities Supervisor, is responsible for the maintenance of all airport facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handles general maintenance repairs, such as electrical, electronics, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, painting, metal fabrication and carpentry.
2. Maintains the airfield lighting in top condition.
3. Does hangar electrical maintenance.
4. Ensures all debris, trash and other foreign litter is policed and removed from property.
5. Operates equipment and uses hand tools safely in the performance of all duties.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. Specialized trade training is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
• Knowledge of general aviation property maintenance and procedures
• Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Requires 24-hour/7-day on-call status
• Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
• Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting and in bright sunlight
• Able to lift 70 pounds, push, pull, climb and walk for most of the day
DAYS OF WORK: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
STARTING PAY: $13.00/hour
Applicant must be able to lift 70 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free/Smoke Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration Building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.