Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Facilities, is responsible for the maintenance of the fleet vehicles and responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the maintenance shop facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates equipment and uses hand tools safely in the performance of all duties.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Maintains a mechanic training and certification program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Enforces safety practices and procedures and ensures employees receive appropriate safety training.
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget to include a review of past year expenses and income; adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases, including parts, tools, office supplies.
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to user departments.
- Ensures overall organization and cleanliness of the maintenance shop.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. Specialized trade training is preferred. Must have or obtain an ASE Auto Maintenance and Light Repair Certification (G1) within 6 months of time in this position; must maintain certification throughout employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
- Knowledge of general aviation property maintenance and procedures
- Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires 24-hour/7-day on-call status
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting and in bright sunlight
- Able to lift 70 pounds, push, pull, climb and walk for most of the day
FULL-TIME POSITION. Starting pay commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, vacation and sick time.
Applicant must be able to lift 70 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration Building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.