Punta Gorda Airport is owned and operated by the Charlotte County Airport Authority, an independent special district pursuant to chapter 189, Florida Statutes. It operates in accordance with FAA requirements and guidelines, and does not typically provide monetary donations, sponsorships or travel vouchers. For other requests, please fill out this In-Kind Support Request Form and email it to Airport@FlyPGD.com. For offsite outreach opportunities, email your proposal to Kaley Miller, Director of Marketing & Communications, at KMiller@FlyPGD.com.
PGD is also home to the Florida International Air Show, plus a wide range of tenants, from flight schools and air charters to avionics, distribution and manufacturing businesses.
Self-Guided Tours and Visits
- PGD’s Bailey Terminal’s ticketing and baggage claim areas are open to the public. The terminal’s connecting hallway is home to Arts & History exhibits that are open for public viewing, as well as the Flybrary Book Exchange.
- Life-size fishing, sunset and beach scenes are available for selfies and group photos.
- Visitors may park in the short-term parking lot across from the terminal for free for the first hour.
- Commercial-service airplanes and boarding areas are not open to visitors unless they have purchased a ticket and have gone through TSA security screening.
- Various other aviation and non-aviation related tenants and businesses located at PGD may accommodate guests as well. Airport Authority staff does not schedule these visits/tours.
Veterans airlift command
PGD Air Center is home to the Veterans Airlift Command – which provides free private air transportation to combat wounded veterans and active service members for medical and other compassionate purposes through a national network of volunteer aircraft owners and pilots.
- The Airport Authority provides in-kind support for “Youth in Aviation” education opportunities.
- PGD is home to the Civil Air Patrol Cadet program and the Experimental Aircraft Association.
- Aspiring pilots are also encouraged to inquire with private Aviation Flight Schools operating at PGD.
- Charlotte Technical College has launched an Aviation Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics (A&P) certification program.
- We advocate for the community, work with the FAA, and educate pilots who frequently operate out of the airport regarding our noise abatement program.
- Learn more about our Noise Mitigation Program and how PGD is striving to be a good neighbor.