The Charlotte County Airport Authority is an independent special district pursuant to chapter 189, Florida Statutes. It operates in accordance with FAA requirements and guidelines, and does not typically provide monetary donations, sponsorships or travel vouchers. However, if you would like to inquire about promotional items or outreach opportunities, please email Kaley Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aviation & Culture
- Each year, PGD hosts the Florida International Air Show – a family-friendly event with aerobatic acts, jet demos, warbirds, static displays, fireworks, and much more. The Florida International Air Show is a 501c(4) nonprofit organization that promotes a safe, family entertainment event, highlights aviation, and
provides financial support to benefit other non-profit community organizations and charities.
- The Bailey Terminal is also home to Charlotte County’s Art in Public Places and historical photos/marker of the Punta Gorda Army Airfield.
- The Airport Authority provides in-kind support for “Youth in Aviation” education opportunities.
- PGD is home to Western Michigan University’s College of Aviation, the Civil Air Patrol Cadet program and the Experimental Aircraft Association.
- Aspiring pilots are also encouraged to inquire with private Aviation Flight Schools operating at PGD.
- We advocate for the community, work with the FAA, and educate pilots who frequently operate out of the airport regarding our noise abatement program.
- Learn more about our Noise Mitigation Program and how PGD is striving to be a good neighbor.
Tours and Visits
- PGD’s Bailey Terminal’s ticketing and baggage claim areas are open to the public. Visitors may park in the short-term parking lot across from the terminal for free for the first two hours.
- Visitors may also visit the General Aviation (FBO) building just south of the SkyView Café if interested in general aviation activities, purchasing PGD merchandise or inquiring about pilot lessons.
- Various other aviation and non-aviation related tenants and businesses located at PGD may accommodate guests as well.
- Since a limited number of behind-the-scenes group tours are granted each year by PGD’s administration, please email the details of your request to email@example.com.