Under the direction and guidance of the Airside Operations Manager/Supervisor, is responsible for safely performing airside and security inspections, creating work orders for review and completion to correct deficiencies or hazards found.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs physical airside inspections to identify situations or areas needing attention.
- Concurrently and separately, makes security rounds to ensure the premises remain secure.
- Ensures compliance with FAR Part 139 to ensure operational and safety standards are in place and at the ready; knowledge of and compliance with other regulations and policies.
- Remains alert to conditions of nature, such as wildlife intrusions and weather conditions to respond as needed to minimize impact on the airfield operations.
- Assists the Operations Manager/Supervisor with projects on the airfield.
- Responds to accidents and non-accident incident.
- Monitors driving habits to ensure driving rules are followed and reports to Manager/Supervisor if education on the rules is needed.
- Reads the FAA and TSA circulars upon receipt and informs Manager/Supervisor of changes or updates for awareness.
- Performs minor maintenance and assists in emergency repairs.
- Responds to noise complaints when necessary.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably in an outside environment; or, an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Certification as a private pilot (preferred, but not required).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
- Knowledge of general and commercial aviation operations and procedures
- Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- Experience with wildlife management
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and rain
- Able to lift 50 pounds, push, climb and walk for the majority of the workday
- Drives for 50% of the workday
- Able to work flexible hours, to include shift work
- Able to respond to on-call emergencies as needed
PART-TIME POSITION. Benefits include paid time off and retirement programs.
Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!