Punta Gorda Airport is Open & Operational
9 a.m. UPDATE, 8/30/23 :
PGD’s parking lots are open! Customers may park and/or pick up their vehicles. Parking fees will not be waived.
Roads through Punta Gorda Airport are OPEN.
PGD and its runways ARE OPEN and will remain open as long as conditions are safe.
- Allegiant has canceled its flights to/from PGD for 8/30/23 (four arrivals, four departures), and plans to resume operations at PGD on 8/31/23.
- PGD is not responsible for notifying passengers of Allegiant’s flight changes.
- If you have an upcoming flight, check your email for updates from Allegiant.
- Visit Allegiant Travel Alerts page.
- Allegiant had no flights scheduled at PGD for Tuesday, 8/29/23.
- PGD’s parking lots are open and functioning!
- Parking fees will not be waived.
- PGD’s parking lots are for traveling passengers. Passengers with active Allegiant itineraries are advised to use long-term parking lots at PGD.
- Local residents are not encouraged to park at PGD during storm events.
- PGD does not have the resources to monitor all parked vehicles, nor will we report on the status of individual vehicles.
- PGD’s Bailey Terminal and AIRPORT FACILITIES ARE NOT PUBLIC HURRICANE SHELTERS.
- Please visit the Charlotte County Emergency Management website for the latest news and alerts.
- Our staff is planning to have all the gust locks secured at the T-hangars by EOD 8/28/23.
- We will have emergency staff at the airport monitoring the storm status throughout the event.
- Please check NOTAMs for any airport closures (excluding Emergency Aircraft).
- Access to the hangars during and after the storm may not be available due to power outages.
- The gates to the airside hangars will be manually secured with chain locks if winds are approaching 40-50 MPH.
- DO NOT SHELTER in your hangar or any airport facilities.
- The Self-Service Fuel Station will remain operational until it becomes unsafe.
- If you are having difficulty removing your gust locks after the storm has passed please contact 941-639-4119 for assistance.