PUNTA GORDA AIRPORT IS OPEN!
Charlotte County Airport Authority and PGD staff are continually monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus and are taking the appropriate actions to ensure the safety of the passengers, employees, tenants and visitors that utilize PGD.
The Florida Governor’s Executive Order Number 20-80 directs incoming passengers from New York’s Tri-State Area to isolate or quarantine for 14 days.
PGD is supporting our local Florida Department of Health as it implements screening protocols starting tonight for incoming passengers from the following New York state destinations: Albany, Elmira, Niagara Falls, Plattsburgh, Rochester, Syracuse and Stewart/Newburgh.
Flight attendants will distribute a Florida Department of Health (DOH) form to each passenger to fill out before arriving in Punta Gorda. DOH representatives will meet passengers in a separate area to process their forms and provide further direction.
- The terminal is open and operating for all Allegiant flights.
- PGD is not an international airport.
- We are NOT planning to close the airport.
- Signage at the TSA screening area recommends maintaining a six-foot distance between individuals.
- Several dispensers with foaming hand sanitizer are located throughout the terminal.
- Not only do we have well-established cleaning protocols already in place, but we have stepped up our disinfectant and sanitation protocols with products deemed by the CDC to be effective against coronavirus.
- PGD is not responsible for notifying passengers of Allegiant’s flight changes.
- Please do NOT call the airport to make flight changes.
- If you have an upcoming flight, check your email for updates from Allegiant.
- Visit Allegiant’s Travel Advisory Page for more information.
- Passengers that have elected to change their travel plans are still obligated to pay their parking fees.
- Food Trucks continue to serve PGD employees and passengers.
- Visit the Food Truck Schedule for upcoming visits.
FIXED BASE OPERATOR (FBO)
- FBO fueling and services are continuing as normal.
- The Self-Service Fuel Station remains operational.
- Staff is practicing additional cleaning and sanitation of frequently touched surfaces.
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TOWER
- The tower is operating normally, but is closed for tours and to all outside visitors.
- Only staff and essential personnel will be granted access to the tower.
- Please reference Charlotte County’s Government COVID-19 webpage for the most up-to-date information and resources.
PGD reminds all airline travelers to follow the precautions and guidance issued by federal and state authorities, including the importance of frequent and effective hand-washing and maintaining a safe distance from others, to the greatest extent possible.