SUMMARY: Responsible for providing daily security and access badging services to Airport tenants, contractors, vendors and personnel. Responsibilities include badge issuance, document verification, database and records administration, security training, financial transactions and reconciliation, and fingerprinting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Airport operation services including, but not limited to, fingerprinting and badging of appropriate individuals needing access to various areas of the Airport.
- Acquires fingerprints and personal information required to complete an FBI Criminal History Records Check and Security Threat Assessments (STA).
- Accesses security sensitive websites to obtain fingerprint and STA results, informational updates, and bulletins. Implements necessary actions to meet new changes and requirements in procedures.
- Interacts with appropriate local and federal authorities to ensure timely and accurate responses and to determine status of missing results.
- Communicates and coordinates fingerprint results information with employees, employers and other airports.
- Schedules and proctor’s security class training to individuals requiring unescorted access to restricted areas of the airport.
- Enters information efficiently and accurately to create new and renewal badges.
- Audits badge and fingerprint records to ensure compliance with Federal regulations and Authority policies.
- Maintains department files and records, keeping them updated and current, in accordance with TSA and Authority procedures and department’s needs.
- Completes financial transactions and reconciliation.
- Assists with covering the receptionist desk as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Experience in a security-related environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Able to teach classes on security procedures and requirements
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting
- Able to sit for most of the day
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Part-time position. Starting pay is $14.00/hour. PTO and retirement benefits offered.