Law Enforcement and emergency responders from local agencies will take part in a full-scale training exercise at Punta Gorda Airport on the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019.
The exercise will simulate an emergency response scenario at the Bailey Terminal and commercial passenger areas. The Viking Avenue entrance road will be closed, and only pre-approved participants will be allowed to access the Bailey Terminal.
Passers-by are not advised to enter airport property, and may notice a number of emergency vehicles and personnel on site. In order to maintain a safe environment for the training exercise, the area will not be open to outside observers.
- Please contact the Air Traffic Control Tower and follow normal procedures.
- A portion of Taxiway “D” that is between Taxiway “F” and the FBO will be closed from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The FBO will be operational all day.
- Access to the t-hangars, gates and most offices outside of the Bailey Terminal should not be impacted.
- Since Viking Avenue will be closed, drivers can access the FBO and tenants on Skyview Lane via Beechcraft Avenue.
- Hangar tenants just north of the terminal should utilize the 200s gate off Golf Course Boulevard, or may enter Airport Road contraflow since the terminal will be closed (directional assistance will be available).
- Media representatives are not invited to attend/observe the exercise.
- The NBC-2 weather webcam feed will be deactivated for the day.
- Passers-by are advised not to enter airport property.
- The exercise will not affect scheduled airline travel as no Allegiant flights are scheduled on Tuesday.
- The Skyview Café will be closed for the day.
- Rental Car Facility will be accessible via Airport Road by driving contraflow since the terminal will be closed (directional assistance will be available).
- Paid parking lots will not be accessible to pick up vehicles until late afternoon.