The Airport Operations Intern will receive an overview of all airport operations and administration, with a concentration in Airside Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Learns all aspects of FAR Part 139 regulations and policies, along with safety management under the guidance of the Airside Operations Manager.
2. Assists the Airside Operations Team with projects on the airfield.
3. Performs physical airside inspections to identify situations or areas needing attention.
4. Concurrently and separately, makes security rounds to ensure the premises remain secure.
5. Remains alert to conditions of nature, such as wildlife intrusions and weather conditions to respond as needed to minimize impact on the airfield operations.
6. Learns aspects of air carrier operations, terminal/parking operations, noise abatement programs and FBO operations.
7. Gains experience on the Administrative side, helping with special projects under the guidance of the Executive Team.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; currently enrolled in an aviation program at an accredited Florida college or university.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance.
• Knowledge of general and commercial aviation operations and procedures.
• Able to provide excellent customer service.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat.
• Able to lift 50 pounds, push, climb and walk for the majority of the workday.
PAID INTERNSHIP: $12.00/hour