SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operation of crosswalk safety for the traveling public, passenger terminal security and monitoring the parking lot for gate issues and capacity. Ensures the facility terminal building is fully operational and comfortable.
WE ARE A SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE – Applicants will be required to sign an affidavit affirming they have not been a user of tobacco products for at least one year, as well as complete a nicotine screening prior to employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring the safety of customers between airport parking and terminal.
- Acts as liaison between the passengers, concessionaires and the airport regarding operational effectiveness. Provide excellent customer service while mitigating transportation issues.
- Operates shuttle bus to provide safe transportation of our airport customers between long term parking and terminal building.
- Monitors and controls the Exit Lane security system and responds to alarms.
- Performs random audits of land-side activities to ensure the effective use of safety and security protocols.
- Monitors and controls the Exit Lane security system, responds to alarms and documents actions through reports.
- Performs daily audits of parking lot activities to ensure the safety, security, and revenue stream.
- Observes and reports speeding violations to Safety Manager for education and compliance.
- Patrols and cleans the premises and is alert to unusual situations.
- Exemplify high level of customer service during flight cancellations and delays.
- Monitors activities and interfaces if necessary, with taxis, limousines, app-based drivers, shuttles and buses arriving and departing from the terminal. Enforces Taxi/Limo, Transportation Network Companies (TNC – Uber/Lyft) regulations.
- Assists the Terminal Manager with special projects.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably in an inside and outside environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
- Knowledge of commercial operations and procedures
- Able to exude excellent customer service
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Skilled with ground base radio systems or similar communication equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting and outside in bright sunlight
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to lift 50 pounds, extended standing and walking for a major part of the day
Shift work including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Applicant must be a non-smoker for a year and able to lift 50 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Nicotine, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Seasonal position; up to 40 hours/week. Starting at $10.50/hour, increase to $11.00/hour after 90 days.