Under general supervision, provides Resident Project Representative (RPR) services for Airport construction projects in accordance with the project construction plans and specifications. In addition; assures Airport wide environmental regulation compliance, conducts periodic inspections of Airport stormwater and utility facilities, updates Airport GIS/CAD files, and general assistance with project management of Airport’s Capital Improvement Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in review of engineering construction plans and specification stage submittals.
• Provides full-time RPR services on FAA and FDOT funded construction projects.
• Conducts daily construction progress inspections to ensure compliance with project specifications.
• Escorts contractors within the secured areas of the Airport. Coordinates with Airport Operations and the Air Traffic Control Tower staff.
• Reviews quantities and pay application with contractor prior to submission to Airport’s Project Manager.
• Familiar with construction material testing on lime rock, shell, concrete, and asphalt used by contractors in construction of airfield improvement projects to ensure compliance with project specifications.
• Reviews change orders to construction projects and makes recommendations for approval/disapproval to the Project Manager, as necessary.
• Maintains daily log of on-going construction projects to include scope of work performed and problem areas.
• Attends pre bid, pre construction, and weekly construction progress meetings.
• Provides input as to progress and/or problems to contractor, engineer and Project Manager.
• Audits contractor expenditures for materials and supply requests for consistency with specification parameters.
• Reviews contractor’s payroll for compliance with Davis Bacon Wage Rates.
• Verifies utility usage for billing purposes.
• Prepares files, maps, charts, and sketches for storage.
• Review and maintains Airport GIS/CAD files with new projects, existing utilities, existing stormwater facilities, lease parcel data, easements, right-of-way and property acquisitions.
• Assist Project Manager in managing Airport related projects.
• Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Associates Degree in Civil Engineering, Drafting, or related field and a minimum of 3 years of construction inspection experience in government or private industry; or, an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of construction.
• Knowledge of engineering design and layout activities.
• Knowledge of inspection techniques and practices.
• Knowledge of mathematical computations used in construction.
• Knowledge of airport facilities and operations procedures, preferred.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, FAA regulations and airport policies relating to airport design and construction practices, preferred.
• Knowledge of concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials.
• Ability to coordinate construction projects with city, county, and state agencies.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to coordinate work of contractors and consultants.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written.
• Ability to write reports and provide documented recommendations.
• Ability to utilize sophisticated computer systems for engineering application, preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting and in bright sunlight.
• Able to lift 30 pounds, walk and sit for most of the day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Full-time position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, vacation and sick time.