Under the direction and guidance of the Facilities Supervisor, is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems in all airport facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inspects HVAC systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventative maintenance.
2. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
3. Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
4. Performs routine and preventative maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
5. Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable environment.
6. Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
7. Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
8. Handles general maintenance repairs, such as electrical, electronics, plumbing, masonry, painting, metal fabrication and carpentry as needed.
9. Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
10. Operates equipment and uses hand tools safely in the performance of all duties.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. HVAC Maintenance Certification. At least one year of experience with HVAC systems required, three or more years’ experience preferred; or, an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance
• Knowledge of operating equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Requires 24-hour/7-day on-call status
• Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
• Good visual acuity to work inside under artificial lighting and in bright sunlight
• Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment
• Able to lift 70 pounds, push, pull, climb and walk for most of the day
Applicant must be a non-smoker for a year and able to lift 50 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Nicotine, drug and fitness screenings are done!
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Full-time position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, vacation and sick time.