Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Operating Officer/Director of Aviation, the FBO Manager is responsible for a safe, compliant and efficient FBO operation for aircraft fueling, ground handling, facilities and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all aircraft fueling operations comply with FAA requirements and airline standards.
- Maintains Quality Control records and ensures FBO’s Compliance with ATA Part 103, NFPA 407, and FAR 139.321.
- Acts as a liaison to outside agencies when coordinating fuel facility and FBO Audits.
- Biennially Qualifies as a Fuel Quality Control Supervisor as per FAA Part 139.321.
- Coordinates repairs and preventative maintenance on fuel trucks and fuel farm with outside agencies.
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of all bulk fuel storage systems.
- Maintains computerized fuel management inventory control and operations.
- Oversees the preventative maintenance, cleanliness and proper storage of all aircraft and FBO ground support equipment.
- Interviews, hires and trains FBO employees.
- Addresses employee relation issues through coaching and disciplinary action.
- Conducts performance reviews, ensuring training and development of employees to improve work performance and maximize employee potential.
- Completes scheduling to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Develops the FBO budget, managing the cost, service and productivity.
- Fosters a culture of safety throughout the Airport.
- Creates a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Works with Director of Aviation and Line Service Tech Supervisors on planning long term goals and projects for the FBO.
- Assists FBO Administrator with leasing of hangars to prospective tenants.
- Researches and completes special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Associate Degree; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or, an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Effective problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of general and commercial aviation operations and procedures.
- Skilled with aviation and ground base radio systems or similar equipment.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of MS Office Suite programs and database programs.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires 24-hour/7-day on-call status
- Able to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Able to lift 50 pounds, push, climb and walk for the majority of the workday
- Exposure to and handles hazardous materials
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, vacation and sick time.
Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Nicotine, drug and fitness screenings are done prior to employment. Applicants will also be required to sign an affidavit affirming they have not been a user of tobacco products for at least one year.